Full list by outlet
Ambrook Research: Planting Tiny Indoor Farms In Strip Malls and Office Parks
Eater: This restaurant is trash: Shuggie’s turns food waste into pizza
San Francisco Chronicle
As The Chronicle’s newsletter editor, I wrote the majority of the weekday Bay Briefing newsletters. But in between Bay Briefing and my other responsibilities, I reported regularly on climate change in the Bay Area.
- An S.F. neighborhood has one of the nation’s lowest carbon footprints. It has almost nothing to do with residents’ choices.
- Climate change and the Bay Area: Answers to your questions (lead reporter)
- How climate change activists are adapting to the pandemic
- The Bay Area saw sudden steep declines in air pollution and carbon emissions in the first weeks of the coronavirus shutdown — but did it stick?
- Feeling climate-anxious? These Bay Area doctors have a prescription: organizing
I worked for the BBC for seven years, including three years as a staff writer, where I wrote an estimated 500 news stories a year under a house byline. Below is a somewhat exhaustive but incomplete list of my work as a features writer and editor under my own byline.
- ‘I lived in a church for a year to avoid deportation’
- Why local US newspapers are sounding the alarm
- What happened to worries about Trump’s business conflicts? | (hear the related radio story on the BBC’s World Service)
- Is the US solar industry about to tear itself apart?
- Florida’s Amendment 1: A cautionary tale for 2018
- California’s drought is over. Now what?
- A black Nancy Drew? Rebooting old favourites with new faces
- The rise in unmarried parents in America
- Aloha to all that: Is Hawai’i an occupied nation?
- The secret mission to heal Ibn Saud
- Amateur photographer captures pivotal 20th Century moments
- Meet the Supremes
- How US universities spent surprise anonymous millions
- The town that wants more nuclear waste
- 25 years on at America’s most contaminated nuclear waste site
- New hope for rape kit testing advocates
- Rosa’s year in sanctuary | Lead reporter and producer | BBC World Service and Global News Podcast | 7 August 2018
- Why local news is sounding the alarm | Lead reporter and producer | BBC World Service | July 2018
- A year in the president’s hotel | Lead reporter and producer | BBC World Service, January 2018
- Life and Taxes (From Our Own Correspondent) | Radio essay | BBC Radio 4, 12 March 2016 (about 12 minutes in)
- Colorado’s birth control experiment | Field producer | BBC Today Programme, August 2014
Homicide Watch DC
- So you want to track bills through Congress? An app review
- Eight things I learned while writing 10 newsletter installments
As local editor at Wheaton, MD, Patch I had a hand in everything that was published on the website, whether it was daily news updates, police blotters, meeting coverage or editing columnists and freelancers. Below is a selection of out-of-the-ordinary coverage and and one example of months-long enterprise project.